Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a good New Year,  I know every year everyone makes the same resolutions, but my only resolution this year is to get Madison here safe and on time.  And so far so good,  this pregency has been much different than Jaxson's.  I am now 32 weeks pregnant, and when I was this far along with Jaxson I was sitting in a hospital bed cause of high blood pressure.  So far my blood pressure has stayed where it needs to be, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay that way for the next 8 (almost 7 weeks).  The only thing that has gone "wrong" with the pregency is gestational diabetes, but it hasn't been too bad, I have to take my blood sugar 4x a day, and watch what I eat, not too many carbs or my blood sugar sky rockets, and watch the sugar and so far so good.  I am not going once a week to be hooked up to a monitor to have Maddie's heart rate monitored due to the diabetes.  I went for the first time today, and she looked good and sounded good, although she slept for the first 30 mins of the monitoring and than right before the nurse took me off, she decided to wake up...little stinker.   I am getting ready to take some time off from school to get ready for Maddie's arrival, and I need a break, I enjoy school but it's become stressful and I have been on the go for the past three years (with the Navy) and than as soon as I got out of the Navy I went right into school.  And honestly I do want to get my degree but I would rather be at home with my babies, that is where my heart is.  I feel like I have missed out on so much in the first year and half of Jaxson's life, due to the Navy and having him in day care, it makes me sad that I have had other people raise him.  I remember saying along time ago to myself that I never wanted someone else to raise my kids. I know with the navy that wasn't possible and one of the many reasons why I got out.  Dustin is doing good, keeping busy with work and Jaxson and I.  Jaxson is growing like a weed, he will be 21 months on Sunday and I can't believe that in 9 weeks he will be 2, where has the time gone, and that in almost 7 weeks I will be a Mom of 2, crazy what life gives you.  I am not complaining at all, I love being a mom, and love the fact that Heavenly Father has given me the opportunity to be one, and maybe hopefully continue to add another one (eventually) down the line.  It's going to be a strange adjustment going from one to 2 and adjusting to having a newborn in the house again, but I am looking foward to that day where I will finally be able to snuggle with my little girl.  Other than that life is pretty good, busy but good.  I feel blessed for everything that has happen in our lives and couldn't be happier!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment