Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Grandam Laverne








As I sit here and try to think about what I want to write about this wonderful woman I am at a lost for words. There is so much to say, she was such a loving, kind, strong, and inspirational person my life and others.  This wonderful women passed away on Mother's Day after fighting cancer since November,  she lived a wonderful 85 years.  I have so many memories of her that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Growing up in Coolidge and with cousins close, the cool thing to do when you were little was go over to Grandma's.  I remember coming home from church begging my mom can I go over to Grandma's, I remember plenty of trips to Diary Queen when it was still around and getting an ice cream cone.  Learning how to sew and making a small quilt for my dolls was always a fun experience, and that is the first time I sewed over my finger on one of the sewing machines, and ran my finger over with the iron.  She was so good about sending birthday cards, even when I had grown and moved away I still got a birthday card from her,  and my kids all have quilts that she made for them. As I have one as well and I seem to now have to sleep with it at night, as a way to have a constant reminder of her.  She was the mother to 7 kids (6 boys and 1 girl),  44 grandchildren and 63 great grandchildren, and more to come I am sure in the future. If that isn't an awesome legacy I don't know what else there could be, I miss her terribly and I am sure I am not the only one. But I know good bye is only temporary, and look forward to the day I get to hug her again.  She will be missed, but never forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment